Do you want to see carsharing grow in Winnipeg? Are you an energetic self-starter who cares about the environment?
This spring, Peg City Car Co-op is expanding into more neighbourhoods in central Winnipeg. To help do this successfully, we need a reliable people person who gets what carsharing is and how it works. Someone who understands the individual, environmental and community benefits. And better yet, can explain these benefits to others in a way that encourages them to join the co-op!
Peg City Car Co-op provides a practical solution for individuals, families and businesses to meet their transportation needs in a convenient and cost effective way. Launched in 2011, Peg City is young, vibrant and growing.
About the position
This paid internship is made possible through the Canadian CED Network’s CreateAction
To meet the criteria for the CreateAction program, you must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection;
- a post-secondary institute, college, university or CEGEP graduate;
- out of school;
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee status has been conferred;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits;
- able to demonstrate a lack of labour market attachment to field of study (under-employed or unemployed);
- able to demonstrate that working in the field of community economic development is a career goal; and
- someone who has not previously participated in a Career Focus work experience placement.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Seek out and secure display/tabling opportunities
- Set up and staff displays at events, festivals and other prospects
- Provide information about carsharing and Peg City Car Co-op in a friendly, professional and engaging manner
- Secure new co-op members
- Assist with a summer photo contest featuring walking, cycling and riding the bus in Winnipeg neighbourhoods where Peg City vehicles are located
- Work with the marketing committee to develop and deliver creative approaches to membership recruitment
- Help foster existing and new community partnerships
- Other duties as required, including assisting with fleet management and member services
- High-energy, positive, outgoing personality with a good sense of humour
- Comfortable interacting with people and initiating conversations
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and find solutions
- Able to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends
- Extremely well organized and dependable
- Interested in being part of a close knit team
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate “Internship Application” in the subject line. Thanks to all who apply, however, we will be following up only with those selected for an interview.
Application close date: 5 pm, April 17, 2013