Peg City Car Co-op is an independent organization. We do not share member information automatically with other organizations with which we are affiliated. Members (and potential members) can opt-out of providing certain information. The decision to limit information sharing may prevent Peg City Car Co-op from determining membership eligibility, or full access to our services. We do not collect personal information without your consent.
Reasons for collecting personal information
Peg City Car Co-op gathers personal information so that we can:
- Determine eligibility;
Communicate with our members about their use of Peg City
- Car Co-op’s services including bookings, usage, invoices, newsletters, and announcements;
- Improve our services through surveys and consultation conducted by Peg City Car Co-op or by approved third parties;
- Oversee that Peg City Car Co-op vehicles are used an appropriate manner;
- Confirm that Peg City Car Co-op policies are followed by members; and
- Comply with insurance rules and regulations.
The type of information Peg City Car Co-op collects
Peg City Car Co-op collects different types of information as part of the participation and use of carsharing by its membership. The information collected includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g. home address, telephone number and email address);
- Member eligibility (e.g. driver’s licence, driving record);;
- Payment information (e.g. credit card information, bank information);
- Vehicle usage information (e.g. driving speeds and vehicle location);
- Publicly available information.
How Peg City Car Co-op collects information
Peg City Car Co-op collects information directly from members during the application application process, as well as through surveys, and member communications. If Peg City Car Co-op communicates with members by telephone, email or any other form of communication, we may record communication for quality assurance. Vehicle hardware provides us with information on vehicle usage (e.g. vehicle speed, location, etc).
Consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except as required or permitted by law.
Peg City Car Co-op will only collect, or disclose information for purposes that are necessary to the operation of carsharing, or where we reasonably believe members would consider appropriate.
Peg City Car Co-op will use member names and addresses for mailing and billing purposes.
Peg City Car Co-op does not sell or disclose any personal information to any other organization and we will not provide individual personal information to third parties without consent. We will not sell member information. Peg City Car Co-op may disclose information in the following instances:
- to auditors;
- to a police as required by law;
- in emergency situations affecting the life, vital health or safety of a member or individual;
- to government agencies authorized by law;
- to credit reporting agencies if an account is in default;
- to a person who is seeking information as a member’s agent; or
- to a third party or parties where member(s) consent to such disclosure.
Peg City Car Co-op will on occasion share aggregate information about our members, which does not contain person information.
Limiting collection, use and retention
Only information that Peg City Car Co-op needs in order to deliver services to our members is collected
Personal information is not disclosed for any purposes other than for which it was collected, with the exception when we receive consent from a member(s) or is required by law.
Personal information is only kept for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it is intended. Peg City Car Co-op does not keep personal information if it is not needed.
Peg City Car Co-op keeps data as reasonably complete and up to date as is necessary and practical.
Peg City Car Co-op will make policies and practices relating to the management of personal information available upon request from a member(s).
When requested in writing, a member(s) will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information and will be given access to that information. Peg City Car Co-op will reasonably assist any member who informs us of the need for assistance in preparing a request concerning personal information.
Members who challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information may have it corrected when appropriate.
Access to Personal Information: If a member wishes to review or verify the personal information that Peg City Car Co-op holds, or find out to whom information has been disclosed, they can do so by writing to us. We will typically respond within thirty (30) days to a request for access to personal information. Peg City Car Co-op can refuse access in certain circumstances.
Accuracy of Personal Information: A member can ask to correct any of their personal information. The request for correction must be made in writing to us, either by mail, or email at the below address.
Peg City Car Co-op
400-460 Main Street
Email: [email protected]
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
Peg City Car Co-op will make every reasonable effort to comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. Any member that has received an electronic message in error or has any other concern with our electronic message policies and practices should contact us.