Aaaaaarrrrr you seeing what where, seeing? There’s a storm a’comin’ no doubt.
Winter is indeed here, and with a fresh dump of snow on the way we want to share 7 easy tips for winter driving, shared by Manitoba Public Insurance:
1. Winterize: At Peg City Car Coop, we take care of outfitting every car, van and truck in the fleet with winter tires, as well as ice scrapers and snow brushes. If the vehicle you’ve booked has a handy back-up camera to help you see from all angles, remember to give the camera lens a wipe at the start of your booking to clear away dirt and debris.
2. Stay sharp – be a defensive driver. Beware of icy spots – bridges, overpasses, just before intersections and shady spots. Watch for other drivers who may be sliding. Slow down near vehicles stopped by the side of the road.
3. Prepare for severe conditions. Check road and weather conditions. Avoid driving altogether in severe weather.
4. See and be seen. Before leaving, clear snow and ice off your vehicle and wait for foggy windows to clear up. Turn headlights on during heavy snow or sleet. On sunny days, use the visor and/or polarized sunglasses. Advance cautiously at snow banks.
5. Drive smoothly. Accelerate, brake and make turns gradually, gently. Brake sooner.
6. Keep plenty of following distance between you and the vehicle ahead. In ideal conditions, leave four seconds on city streets and six seconds on highways. In winter, leave considerably more.
7. Know thyself: Remember, when inclement weather makes driving downright impossible or dangerous, we will cancel your booking at no cost!
Take care out there!